To celebrate the launch of Sky's #WatchOnSky partnership with Twitter - which brings Sky Go and the familiar 'R' Record buttons to the social network - one reader can win a Wi-Fi enabled Sky+HD box and the top TV package. The top package includes TV Box Sets, HD and all the Entertainment, Sky Movies and Sky Sports channels for 12months.
Twitter users who see #WatchOnSky on Tweets from Sky can expand the Tweet and tap on an icon that directly links to Sky's mobile TV service Sky Go to start watching the show. Alternatively they can tap the Sky+ 'R' to remotely set their SkyHD box to record. The launch of #WatchOnSky marks the first time that a British broadcaster has created a service which lets users access live TV and set recordings via their Twitter timeline.
The new service builds on the popular Sky Go and Sky+ apps that give Sky TV customers more control of their TV viewing. The Sky+ app lets customers flick through hundreds of channels and record upcoming shows, as well as browse through thousands of hours of on demand TV and movies to download to their Sky+HD box. Sky Go lets customers watch up to 54 channels on their mobile devices – the widest selection of channels available on the move from any provider in the UK.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Brand Director, TV Products, Sky comments: "#WatchOnSky is another brilliantly simple way for our customers to find and watch the shows everyone is talking about. By simply clicking on a Tweet, customers can either instantly watch live TV or record shows for later. It's all part of our commitment to make it even easier for our customers to discover great TV and make sure they never miss those virtual water cooler moments."
Dan Biddle, Head of Broadcast, Twitter UK adds: "Twitter users love to talk about TV shows, joining conversations about their favourite programmes with other fans across the UK. #WatchOnSky is a really exciting development that will make it even easier than ever for Twitter users to spot social buzz about a show, and tune in or record it for later. We're delighted to see Sky innovating with this service and look forward to seeing Twitter users enjoy this functionality."
#WatchOnSky will appear across Sky's Twitter feeds including @SkyHD and @SkyAtlantic for key shows, sporting events and movies on Sky. The functionality was developed in-house by Sky for Twitter. Customers can find out more at sky.com/watchonSkyTwitter
Because the prize includes a subscription - Sky's terms & conditions are included below so make sure you check them out before you enter for free.
Please note that this competition is only open to UK residents over 18 years of age.
The Promoter shall administer the Competition and allocate the Prize as follows and shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall contain terms that give effect to the Prize Conditions set out below. The Promoter shall ensure that all entrants to the competition are notified of and accept the Prize Conditions before entering the Competition and again before accepting a Prize.
1. The Competition shall open on April 23 and close on May 23.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over only. Proof of age may be required. The Competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company ("Sky"), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies. The Promoter shall allow one entry per household only.
3. There is one package to be won (each a "Prize").
• 1 x Sky's full TV package consisting of:
- 1 x Sky+HD box
- Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below);
- 1 x 12 month subscription to Sky's full HD pack (Package consists of Sky Entertainment Extra, Sky Movie Pack and Sky Sports Pack). The Prize will be subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below)
4. The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the "Prize Conditions"):
a) Sky's full TV package terms and conditions: Each winner will be required to enter into three (3) subscription contracts (one Sky digital, one Sky+ and one Sky+HD subscription contract). After expiry of the winner's 12 months' free viewing, unless the winner cancels or changes their package, giving 31 days or more notice, standard subscription charges will apply (seewww.sky.com for details). Sky+ subscription is included in the winner's Sky TV subscription and is required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky+HD box. The winner will need Sky+HD professionally installed even if the winner already has a minidish. Costs may apply for non-standard set-up. The winner must keep their Sky+HD box connected to a fixed and operational telephone line. If the winner needs a minidish the winner will be responsible for obtaining all consents required (e.g. landlord's) before installation Multiroom is not included in the Prize. Existing Sky digital customers will receive a free subscription to Sky's full TV package, an upgrade to a Sky+ HD box and a free subscription to the HD Pack for 12 months.
b) Sky will contact the winner to arrange installation of the winner's Prize. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
c) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
d) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
5. The Promoter will ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions reserve the right for the Promoter to substitute the Prize (or an element thereof) for an equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control. The Promoter shall exercise this right where reasonably instructed to do so by Sky (provided that Sky is responsible for supplying the relevant substitute prize(s)).
6. The Promoter will ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions reserve the right for the Promoter to refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if in the reasonable view of the Promoter the entrant's current or past conduct is (or has been) inappropriate, unlawful or offensive or is likely to bring the Promotion into disrepute. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant. The Promoter shall exercise this right where reasonably instructed to do so by Sky.
7. The Promoter shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions clearly specify that the promoter will share each winner's personal details with Sky and its authorised agents for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
8. The Promoter shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall specify that the Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and that entrants irrevocably agreed that the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition.